Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blog Post 13

Jose Picardo

Jose Picardo's blog Box of Tricks, as well as his video Top ten tips for using technology in the classroom, are both very interesting. Mr. Picardo offers several tips on how to use technology in the classroom and instructions on how to use the tools he discusses.

In his video, Jose Picardo, says to use streaming video. Make your lectures or assignments interesting by adding video to them. Take advantage of the free internet sites such as You Tube and use them for educational purposes. He also says to use music. Music catches the attention of many students, especially teenagers. Find out what type of music your students are listening to and find a way to use the same music in your lectures. Mr. Picardo also says blogs are a good use of technology in the classroom. Thanks to Dr. Strange and EDM 310 I have already seen how effective blogs can be and agree completely that blogs are one of the top uses of technology in the 21st century classroom.

One tip Mr. Picardo mentions that I was not aware of is creating your own interactive exercises. I did not know there were sites such as hot potato and game makers that allowed teachers to create interactive assignments. I think this could be a very good tool to use in teachers. If the assignments are more interesting the students will more then likely choose to do better work.

Jose Picardo had some very useful tips and a very interesting blog. As a future educator I find it would be useful to frequently check his blog and take advantage of his free information and tips he provides.
josepicardotoptentipsfortechnologyintheclassroom

1 comment:

  1. Krissy,
    I also did not know about the website hot potatoe but it sounds like a great website to use. I have heard of teachers making word searches and what not for students but I am anxious to get on the websites and see what they have to offer. Without Dr. Strange's class I do not think that many of us would know about any of the things that Mr.Picardo was discussing. I hope you incorporate some of the items from the list in your own classroom becuase I know I definately will.

    ReplyDelete