Wednesday, June 22, 2011

C4T #2



I read the live blog with Daniel Pink. The students asked each other as well ad Mr. Pink questions. Most of the questions were requarding Pink's book. The students had some very interesting questions as well as comments. The students seem to be very concerned with what they can do now to better their future. I have not read Daniel Pink's book, but after reading this class's blog I plan to read it.
pictureofkarlfisch'slessonplanforalgebra



The second blog post I read form this blog wasTransparent Algebra: Take Two. Karl Fisch is an Algebra teacher and uses blogging to post and plan his assignments for his class. He created a second blog TransparentAlgebra. In his blog he posts his assignments by day. He is hoping to get feedback as well as figure out what lessons he needs to edit. In the his day 5 lesson, Mr. Fisch gives his students a homework assignment which they most post to their own blogs. He is using blogging in an Algebra class. This shows me the reality that technology can be used all types of classes and in every classroom.

I enjoyed viewing "The Fischbowl". The first blog post I read which was a live blog was interesting. I did not know there was such a thing as a live blog. Now I do and I hope one day to be able to participate in one myself. And the second blog post I read I really enjoyed. I love math and to know that technology can be used during math class is awesome. This teacher requiring his Algebra students to blog helps me better understand the point that Dr. Strange is trying to make: technology is much needed in a classroom and a new way of teaching is necessary for the 21st century student.

No comments:

Post a Comment